I’ve been nominated for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award by Bookin’ It (who was in turn nominated by someone else, this being the way the awards work.) It’s my first ever award, and that’s pretty nifty.
So thanks very much for nominating me!
You all should check out her blog. (And I’m not just saying that because we read a bunch of the same books, or because her reviews have given me some gems for my To-Read list.)
Let’s see… the rules are:
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you.
2. Place the award on your site.
3. Share 7 random things about yourself.
4. Nominate 15 blogs. Let them know they’ve been nominated and how to accept the award.
Yep, I can do that.
* * * *
1. Done! 🙂 Thanks again.
2. Will do as soon as I post this, so as not to put the cart before the horse.
- I write resting my pen against my ring finger, not my middle finger like most people do.
- I read the last few pages of a book if I can’t decide whether or not I want to read it.
- I’ve worn flip-flops in the snow… more than once. In all likelihood, I will again.
- I love to carry big hardbacks sometimes, because they can be used in self-defense. Or as a seat. Or a doorstop.
- I really think more of the words from “Jabberwocky” should be used in everyday speech. (Brillig!)
- I’m addicted to literary t-shirts.
- When I check out books from the library, I always try for an even number.
4. (Let’s see… there’s so much I find inspiring out there. These are chosen in an attempt to represent the range of awesomeness I follow. Check them out!)
I love your seven interesting things about yourself, Caitlin. See, I knew you would be positively…BRILLIG…about this! I can’t wait to check out some of your nominations, and I hope you get lots of new visitors from this. You deserve the award for writing a cool blog, and for helping animals in need.
Thanks! It made my day pretty frabjous to receive your nomination. I hope y’all enjoy my picks–there’s some interesting musings, great books reviews, awesome poetry, and beautiful art there.
I’m all about spreading the Frabjous. 😀
Thank you so much. Flops in the snow? My toes would fall off!
The trick is to walk very, very quickly. A better trick would be to wear weather-appropriate shoes… 😉
Congratulations on a much deserved award! I love that you carry a hardback book with you (and the very many uses for it which I had not thought of!).
Thanks! Hardbacks are extremely useful. Also good for writing surfaces, cat head rests, and carrying trays.
cat head rests, that’s cute 🙂
Thank you do much, Caitlin. What a wonderful compliment. You inspire me to constantly strive to lift my game. I love reading your blog as well. So many books–so little time…
Indeed. It’s both sad and wonderful that we can never finish reading them all…
Thanks a lot! I will one-day put this badge in my side bar. Once I figure otu how to do it.
Put the picture in a post draft, then right click on it, then ‘copy image url.’ In the sidebar widgets is ‘images’ and in there is a space for ‘image url.’ Paste it in there, save, done!
Congratulations on the award! I love “Jabberwocky”! 🙂