So, I’ve been nominated for the Booker Award by Marcia of Bookin’ It. Thanks a bunch, you totally spoil me by picking me for a second award. 🙂 Book lovers, you should absolutely check out her blog, she writes awesome reviews on wonderful books.
Isn’t it pretty? 🙂
Here’s the rules of accepting the award:
#1, thank the person who nominated you.
#2, name your five favorite books.
#3, post the award icon on your blog.
#4, nominate five bloggers who have literary and book-centered blogs.
Here we go:
1) Thanks again, Marcia. It’s so thoughtful of you to think of me!
2) Well, at least it isn’t your favorite book. That’s fairly impossible. In no particular order:
- Pride and Prejudice; Jane Austen. Because everyone wants a Mr. Darcy.
- Pegasus in Space; Anne McCaffrey. Part 3 of 3, but focuses on a character I adore. This is a childhood favorite, and inspired me in the tough spot that is adolescence.
- A Wrinkle in Time; Madeline L’Engle. Another childhood favorite. Each time I re-read it, I find something new.
- The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy; Always know where your towel is. Read this 5-part trilogy (I know, he was weird like that) and you can discover the meaning of life, God’s message to humanity, and more!
- Steel City Magic; Wen Spencer. This is a two-books-in-one book, but that’s how I found it, so I’m counting it as one. Fun urban fantasy. Elves, magic, and a genius mechanic. (Link to first book.)
3) Will do right after I post this. Hey, nominees, if you don’t know how to do this, follow these steps.
4) Hmm, let’s see… To the Books category! (Which is, if you didn’t know, and excellent way to find like-minded bibliophiles.)
- Dr. Doyle’s Editorial and Critique Services
- The Literary Bunny
- My Beautiful Bookshelf
Thanks again! I hope you enjoy these new blogs!