Last Tuesday I coincidentally won two awards. Yay! Thanks, guys!
I split them up because putting both of them in one post would be kinda long.
Many thanks for David Fernandez of DFL Writing for nominating me for this award. You rock!
Don’t forget to check out his blog!
The Liebster award is for bloggers with less than 200 followers. It’s nice to be recognized when you’re still small, isn’t it?
The rules are:
- Thank and link to the person who nominated you
- Share eleven facts about yourself with your fellow bloggers.
- Answer the awarder’s eleven questions.
- Ask eleven questions of your own.
- Nominate eleven bloggers for this award.
Eleven Facts About Me
1. I can hyper-extend my thumbs.
2. During recess, I used to read books upside down, hanging by my knees from monkey bars.
3. My favorite number is 22, because I was born on the 22nd day of the 11th month.
4. I’m highly skilled in typing around a cat in my lap.
5. I write stories in my head when I have problems falling asleep.
6. Once during a camping trip, I tried to pet a deer. I almost succeeded.
7. I tuck small stuffed animals on my bookshelves, perched so they have a view.
8. Pride & Prejudice sequel/spin-off books are one of my favorite addictions, even though some of them are terrible.
9. I’ve had an OOBE (Out of Boat Experience) on a white water rafting trip in Colorado.
10. I write poetry in my head while out walking.
11. I was born in Berlin, Germany, before the wall came down.
My Awarder’s Questions
1. Who are you and why are you here?
I’m Caitlin. I’m here because someone suggested I write a blog, and I thought why not?
2. What literary character would you like to be?
Characters tend to lead terribly interesting lives… But I’d pick Susan Sto Helit from Terry Pratchett’s Discworld. Who wouldn’t want to be Death’s granddaughter?
3. If you could scourge the Earth of one man-made creation, what would it be? Why?
I would say cell phones, because they’re responsible for some reprehensible behavior, but I don’t think that would be a good idea. Unless I could selectively make people’s phones vanish for an hour or so.
4. Where do your literary tastes lie?
I read fiction, fantasy, romance, mystery, and science fiction. Some of my favorites are memoir, comedic/bookish mystery, urban fantasy, weird fiction, zombie apocalypse, historical romance, and steam punk.
5. Where do your musical tastes lie?
Classic Rock, mostly. I also like Weird Al, Barenaked Ladies, The Beatles, Save Ferris, Postal Service…
6. What as-of-yet unmade novel/film adaptation would you make?
Moon Called, by Patricia Briggs. Maybe. Sometimes special effects don’t work very well with werewolves.
7. If you could have dinner with one historical figure, who would it be? Where would you eat?
Jane Austen. I’d pick a cozy little cafe, the kind that serves good food and lets you sit in comfy chairs for hours as long as you order a few coffees.
8. Speaking of eating, what is your favorite blogging snack?
Chips, which are a terrible choice considering how messy they are.
9. If you could have a new day-job (assuming you currently have one), what would it be? Why? (You can’t choose writer!)
Librarian, because then I could spend my whole day in a library.
10. Which of your non-writing related hobbies helps your writing the most?
Does reading count as a non-writing related hobby? If not, going for strolls on nice days.
11. What is your blogging process?
I brainstorm ideas, and when I get one, I flesh out enough details in a draft to come back to it later. I try to have enough drafts to last two weeks, and schedule a few posts in advance. I don’t always succeed, but I try.
1. What is your favorite thing about blogging?
2. What is one event from your life that describes perfectly a major personality trait of yours? (Stubbornness, patience, etc.)
3. What books do you re-read every year? (Or just a book you’ve re-read.)
4. What (real, non-extinct) animal is your idea of a perfect pet?
5. What will make you pick up a book and consider reading it? (Topic, author, title, etc.)
6. What made you decide to start blogging?
7. If you had to give up one piece of technology, what would you pick?
8. What is/are your favorite word(s)?
9. If you could talk with something that can’t usually speak (animal, vegetable, mineral) what would you pick?
10. What one book would you recommend that everyone read?
11. If you could live in any literary world, which one would you pick?
Congratulations on winning this one, too, Caitlin. I’m really happy for you, and you deserve it! I loved reading your answers to the questions and learning a bit more about you, too. Well done!
Thanks! This one was a bit of work for me–coming up with *eleven* facts, questions, and nominations took work.
I hope my nominees don’t have that problem.
I know what you mean. I won two or three back to back last year, and I had a time, too. But it was still fun, and I was so proud to display the awards on my site. Can’t wait to get yours up, and nominate some folks, myself. Somehow, it just makes it all so much more fun, doesn’t it?
PS…I’ve also enjoyed checking out your nominees for both of these awards. Some GOOD stuff, there. Thanks!
Always glad to share a little love with my fellow bloggers–but not over load them, which is why I was careful to divide up my list of nominees.
I thoroughly enjoyed your answers to my questions!
Glad to hear it. Coming up with questions is work, isn’t it? Answers are easy…