Top Ten Tuesdays are a great idea from The Broke and The Bookish. Check out their list, and the links to everyone else’s.
Top Ten Books I HAD To Buy…But Are Still Sitting On My Shelf Unread.
(I don’t actually have 10 of these, because I try to steadily whittle away at my ever-accumulating pile of unread books. Life, and library books coming due, tends to get in the way.)
1. Dodger; Terry Pratchett. I love Pratchett and usually pre-order and read everything I get from him immediately. Street urchin Dodger tries to save a girl in trouble. This isn’t set in Discworld, and maybe that’s why it’s still unread.
2. iDrakula; Bekka Black. This is a tiny little book, written as texts and emails. It’s the same basic story as Dracula, and I have no good reason why I haven’t gotten to this quick read yet.
3. Johannes Cabal: The Detective; Johnathan L. Howard. Another bargain impulse buy like iDrakula. It was described as Steampunk/Sherlockian mystery, no way I was going to pass that up.
4. Me and My Shadow; Katie MacAlister. I bought this book two years ago, and Goodreads says I’ve read it. But I’m nearly positive I haven’t… Part of a series about dragons, demons, and other supernatural creatures falling in love in all the worst places.
5. Willful Impropriety; Ekaterina Sedia. I actually managed to finish this anthology recently, reading a story or two between other books. But it was waiting a long time. A collection of stories about the bright glitter of the Season, and the darkness that lurks underneath. Sometimes underhanded methods are required to gain true love.
6. World War Z; Max Brooks. The last of a trio of gifts gotten for me. Just another victim of too many books, not enough time. A collection of zombie survivor stories, written down in case we don’t make it after all…