Top Ten Tuesdays are hosted by The Broke and The Bookish, and feature lists related to all things bookish–characters, authors, titles, and favorites. They’re an excellent way to find new interesting books on a variety of topics, and to find bloggers that love the books you do.
Check out their blog for their top ten and lists of other bloggers who participate!
December 3: Top Ten 2014 Releases I’m Dying To Read
1. Black Arts; Faith Hunter. I do adore Jane Yellowrock–she can be a little special when it comes to relationships, but I can forgive her that.
2. The Book of Life; Deborah Harkness. I want to know more about the lives of these characters–and I love the scholarly bent of the books, too.
3. Cast in Flame; Michelle Sagara. How Kaylin manages to get in so many scrapes and yet survive, I don’t know. But she does, and it is fascinating.
4. Cress; Marissa Meyer. More of the world of Cinder, please!
5. Firefight; Brian Sanderson. I loved Steelheart, and the world full of super-powered people, all of whom are evil. Why? I must know.
6. The Girl with the Wind-up Heart; Kady Cross. A fascinating steampunk world, full of interesting characters with lots and lots of problems.
7. Half-Off Ragnarok; Seanan McGuire. Love those cryptids, and the Price family, in all their assorted weirdness. Mice that worship people? Hilarious.
8. Murder of Crows; Anne Bishop. I can’t wait until I get to read more about the blood prophets, and truly scary monsters.
9. To Sail a Darkling Sea; John Ringo. Living zombies–at sea! Get them before they get you…
10. The Serpent of Venice; Christopher Moore. He’s just one of my favorite authors–I’ll read anything by him.