Top Ten Tuesdays are hosted by The Broke and The Bookish, and feature lists related to all things bookish–characters, authors, titles, and favorites. They’re an excellent way to find new interesting books on a variety of topics, and to find bloggers that love the books you do.
Check out their blog for their top ten and lists of other bloggers who participate!
December 17: Top Ten New-To-Me Authors I Read In 2013
1. Bradley, Alan. Flavia de Luce series. Precocious scientist, solver of murders, and smart-aleck. I love Flavia.
2. Brosh, Allie. Hyperbole and a Half. Have to love someone who deals with life’s problems with humor. Warning, swearing happens a lot in these pages.
3. Cashore. Kristin. Graceling Realm. People with special powers and nifty colored eyes fighting for their independence.
4. Levitt, John. Dog Days. Wizards with not-quite-dog familiars trying to save the world.
5. Locke, Kate. Immortal Empire. I have a fondness for steampunk vampires. Bless her Immortal Majesty!
6. Olson, Melissa F. Scarlett Bernard. It’s not easy being a walking magic-canceler, but she does her best.
7. Perkins, Stephanie. Anna and the French Kiss. Sweet cute romance serious, perfect for some light reading.
8. Rendahl, Eileen. Messenger. Trying to carry messages between all the supernatural beings in the city is a dangerous business.
9. Scott, M.J. The Half-Light City. Vampires and werewolves and humans in an uneasy truce. Always fun.
10. Tintera, Amy. Reboot. Resurrected soldiers, kicking butt and then rebelling.