Top Ten Tuesdays are hosted by The Broke and The Bookish, and feature lists related to all things bookish–characters, authors, titles, and favorites. They’re an excellent way to find new interesting books on a variety of topics, and to find bloggers that love the books you do.
Check out their blog for their top ten and lists of other bloggers who participate!
January 14: Top Ten 2014 Debuts I’m Excited For
This is debut authors, as in new writers, right? That’s what I’m going for, so here’s some books coming out in 2014 that I think look interesting.
1. Cruel Beauty; Rosamund Hodge. I love fairy tale retellings, and this one sounds dark and intriguing.
2. Dorothy Must Die; Danielle Paige. About Dorothy gone power-hungry and mad and evil, and she must die–after her allies are destroyed, of course.
3. The Fifty-Seven Lives of Alex Wayfare; M.G. Buehrlen. Reliving past lives sounds complicated, but fun to read about.
4. Gilded; Christina L. Farley. A god out to steal your soul, because he’s been taking your families eldest daughter’ soul each generation? Yikes. I have to see how she gets out of this.
5. Midnight Thief; Livia Blackburne. Assassins and intrigue, thieves and knights, and a strong female protagonist. Sounds fun.
6. Side Effects May Vary; Julie Murphy. What do you do when you finish your bucket list and then find out you’re not going to die?
7. Six Feet Over It; Jennifer Longo. Dark comedy speaks to me. A girl working at her family cemetery? Why not?
8. Something Real; Heather Demetrios. About a teenager trying to escape the weirdness of growing up on reality TV and have a real life.
9. Stolen Songbird; Danielle L. Jensen. A kidnapped troll bride sounds a little like an old fairy tale, but the rest–a rebellion, half-trolls, and the heroine sound like something new and interesting.
10. What the Moon Said; Gayle Rosengren. Magic and hope in the face of superstition and fatalism sounds like a good story to me.