Top Ten Tuesdays are hosted by The Broke and The Bookish, and feature lists related to all things bookish–characters, authors, titles, and favorites. They’re an excellent way to find new interesting books on a variety of topics, and to find bloggers that love the books you do.
Check out their blog for their top ten and lists of other bloggers who participate!
January 21: Top Ten Things On My Reading Wishlist (if you could make authors write about these things you would. Could be a specific type of character, an issue tackled, a time period, a certain plot, etc.)
I have some author-specific and more general items on this list.
1. Aliens. I want alien aliens–not humanoid ones that are vaguely different from us, but ones that we have a hard time to communicate with.
2. Books/Readers. I adore books about books and/or readers. However strange or ordinary, they’re wonderful to read about.
3. By the Sword; Mercedes Lackey. For pretty much any of her stand alones I would love a sequel, but this is one of my absolute favorite characters. I have always wondered how she did in her new life.
4. Diversity. This is an always sort of wish–diversity in characters, worlds, culture, and so on. There’s always room for a little more.
5. Female protagonists. Someone strong, but real, without any need for a love interest to save/ distract her.
6. New Crobuzon; China Miéville. While I love everything I’ve read by him, and I understand that books this complicated take time, I’d look more books in this fantastical world.
7. The Parasol Protectorate Manga; Gail Carriger. The manga does only book 1-3 of 5, and I’d like to see the last two as well.
8. The Silvered; Tanya Huff. This book is only a couple of years old, so a sequel is possibly in the works. Here’s hoping!
9. Susan Sto Helit; Terry Pratchett. I love Death’s granddaughter. I could read a million books about her.
10. Treecats; David Weber. There’s some books more centered on the treecats, and a few short stories from their point of view. I’d like a full length book if possible, please!