Top Ten Tuesdays are hosted by The Broke and The Bookish, and feature lists related to all things bookish–characters, authors, titles, and favorites. They’re an excellent way to find new interesting books on a variety of topics, and to find bloggers that love the books you do.
Check out their blog for their top ten and lists of other bloggers who participate!
April 22: Top Ten Characters Who X (you fill in the blank — examples: piss me off, are the popular kids, are bookish, would be my bff, that stole my heart, etc. etc.)
Top Ten Characters I’d Like to be Friends With
1. Aly. Trickster’s Choice; Tamora Pierce. Aly’s got a sense of humor, duty, and a willingness to argue with anyone–even a god.
2. Elizabeth Bennet. Pride & Prejudice; Jane Austen. She loves to laugh, and share those laughs with others, and enjoys a good book.
3. Hazel. The Fault in Our Stars; John Green. Hazel’s a little obsessed with a book, and that makes her my kind of person.
4. Kate. Magic Bites; Ilona Andrews. Kate’s a little scary, but she’s incredibly cool.
5. Katsa. Graceling; Kristin Cashore. Katsa is a survivor, smart, and loyal.
6. Librarian. Discworld; Terry Pratchett. A wizard transformed into an orangutan, the Librarian does his best to contain magic, sentient, often violent books, and does it with style and the occasional ‘Oook.’
7. Matilda. Matilda; Roald Dahl. She loves books, and has telekinesis–and quite the willpower and sense of humor.
8. Miles. The Warrior’s Apprentice; Lois McMaster Bujold. I think I’d prefer the slightly calmer version of Miles in the older books, but all ages are a little manic, wildly funny, and capable of moving mountains.
9. Sophie. Howl’s Moving Castle; Diana Wynne Jones. Sophie is completely undaunted in the face of a wicked curse, and handles all sorts of problems with focus and stubbornness that’s almost rude.
10. Wesley. The Princess Bride; William Goldman. He’ll do anything for his one true love–even dangerous or deadly risks–and he does it with flair.