Top Ten Tuesdays are hosted by The Broke and The Bookish, and feature lists related to all things bookish–characters, authors, titles, and favorites. They’re an excellent way to find new interesting books on a variety of topics, and to find bloggers that love the books you do.
Check out their blog for their top ten and lists of other bloggers who participate!
July 22: Top Ten Characters I Would Want With Me On A Deserted Island
1. & 2. Temeraire and Will Laurence. A royal dragon, hatched unexpectedly, capable of carrying dozens of people when we get bored of the island, and his captain, without whom the dragon would go nowhere. Also, a former sailor and military man, so he has useful skills.
3 & 4. Anna and Charles Cornick. An Omega werewolf, who’s very good at calming dangerous people, and her Alpha werewolf husband. Both are tough customers, with excellent hunting skills.
5. Esmerelda “Granny” Weatherwax. She’s a good witch to have in any tight spot, and I’ve never seen her unable to handle whatever life throws at her.
6. & 7. Fezzik and Indigo Montoya. These guys are such good buddies, it wouldn’t be fair to separate them. And you never know when you might need some muscles or skilled sword fighting. Also, they come with witty banter.
8. Frederika “Fred” Bimms. Fred is a mermaid, so she could find help, and also pretty entertaining.
9. Katsa. I’ve used her for lists before, but any girl with a Grace for Survival is a great person to have on an island.
10. Piscine Molitor. He’s had experience being shipwrecked, so he’s got some good survival experience, and impressive fishing skills.