A while ago, three very kind people nominated me for awards. Now it’s up to five very kind people, and I still haven’t posted for any of them! Since I’m clearly terrible at responding to awards in anything like a timely fashion, I’m combining them. Hang the rules, we’re rebels here! Otherwise, who knows how long it will take?
One Lovely Blog Award
Received from Marcia Meara at Bookin’ It, Sarah from Earful of Cider, and Ileandra from Writing: A Conversation Without Interruptions. Thanks so very much, Marcia, Sarah, and Ileandra! You’re all lovely in my book.
Very Inspiring Blog Award
Received from D.R. Sylvester at Writes & Responsibilities, and bibliobettyreviews. Thanks to both of you for considering me inspiring–and for each of you for inspiring others!
The rules are the same for both awards:
- Thank and link to the amazing person(s) who nominated you.
- List the rules and display the award.
- Share seven facts about yourself.
- Nominate seven other amazing blogs and comment on their posts to let them know they’ve been nominated.
Facts About Myself:
1. I can bend the first two toes of my foot, without bending the others. This is, I’m sure, a useful skill that will take me far.
2. Over the years, I have developed the ability to read as many as four books at a time without getting confused between the different plots. It’s especially cool when they overlap in some small way.
3. My ear piercings have a Wolverine-like healing ability, despite being years old. None of my injuries demonstrate the same. I can only assume my ears want to bring back clip-on earrings.
4. I sometimes read while walking, and hardly ever run into things.
5. I’m a sucker for a purring cat–and mine waits until I wake up to wedge herself between me and the edge of the bed before demanding petting. Despite knowing better, I still fall for it.
6. There’s a specific kind of tall grass, a weed that grows in sidewalk cracks where I live, which you can pull off the tasseled top section with a long stem attached. It makes a squeaking noise when it comes apart, which amuses me greatly.
7. I now understand why author’s signatures are so scribbly–over the years, without having to sign hundreds of books, several letters have disappeared off my signature. Has this happened to anyone else?
(It’s generally supposed to be blogs you follow, but I follow only a few, and many of them either don’t accept awards, gave me one of these awards, or have already been awarded by me, so here are seven completely new to me, lovely and inspiring blogs!)
And Then… Life, and writing, and books–and more life. It can be unexpected, but it’s lovely in the end.
A Bit Behind on Books–A lovely collection of book reviews and other musings, author interviews, and quotes with illustrations. Who hasn’t felt behind the crowd on some popular book or another?
Cook’s Reviews–What can be more lovely than reviews on books? Because how else can a reader decide what to read? There’s only so many hours in a day, and we sadly haven’t invented time travel yet. Reviews on a variety of books–and movies.
The Worn Bookmark–Book reviews, book lists, book challenges–and one lovely bookmark, for which the blog is named. With my collection of bookmarks, some of them much loved, I can relate.
Very Inspiring Bloggers
The Book and the Compass–Random thoughts, short stories, and some poetry. The use of white space in the last, I find especially inspiring. Some poems are meant to be heard, but others have a pleasing shape on a page, because they are meant to be read.
Bookwitch–An collection of author interviews inspiring in its size and quality, book reviews, discussions on bookstores… everything a reader’s heart could desire.
Two New Librarians–I’m quite inspired by anyone who works with books in any way, but especially librarians, as they are the source of many excellent books for me. Many posts of a librarian or bookish nature.