Top Ten Tuesdays are hosted by The Broke and The Bookish, and feature lists related to all things bookish–characters, authors, titles, and favorites. They’re an excellent way to find new interesting books on a variety of topics, and to find bloggers that love the books you do.
Check out their blog for their top ten and lists of other bloggers who participate!
February 24: Top Ten Favorite Heroines From Books
1. Alanna; Tamora Pierce. Alanna is a rebel, who doesn’t let the fact that women aren’t allowed to become knights stop her from her dream. And she kicks butt at it.
2. Amaranthe; Lindsay Buroker. A woman who just won’t quit, with a creative (and a little insane) scheming mind.
3. Dresdemona “Dred”; Ann Aguirre. She’s not entirely a good person, but she’s tough, and fierce, and loyal.
4. Ismae; Robin La Fevers. A convent of assassin nuns is already amazing, but Ismae is an especially kick butt example.
5. Kerowyn; Mercedes Lackey. When someone kidnaps her brother’s fiancee, Kero doesn’t give in to despair–she goes after her.
6. Matilda; Roald Dahl. A sharp mind, voracious reader, and wicked sense of humor. How could you not like Matilda?
7. Mercedes “Mercy”; Patricia Briggs. Mercy is a shape-shifting coyote mechanic who runs fearlessly with werewolves.
8. Puck; Maggie Stiefvater. Puck dares to go where few brave men do–deadly races between killer horses from the sea, and she does it without compromising herself.
9. Sharon; Kate Griffin. Sharon finds out she’s a shaman, and is shoved into a weird and magical world, and she does more than cope–she copes with sass.
10. Temperance; Kathy Reichs. Smart, dedicated, determined to speak for the lost, this doctor is an impressive woman.