Top Ten Tuesdays are hosted by The Broke and The Bookish, and feature lists related to all things bookish–characters, authors, titles, and favorites. They’re an excellent way to find new interesting books on a variety of topics, and to find bloggers that love the books you do.
Check out their blog for their top ten and lists of other bloggers who participate!
March 17: Top Ten Books On My Spring TBR List.
These are books published just before or during the early part of Spring, which I will, I hope read during the Spring months.
1. A Court of Thrones and Roses; Sarah J. Maas. The first book by an author I have otherwise enjoyed, about a woman who kills a wolf, and a faerie demands retribution for it.
2. Darker Shade of Magic; V.E. Schwab. Three parallel versions of London, a smuggler/ambassador, and an accidental crime.
3. Dark Side of the Road; Simon R Green. A supernatural mystery, an a killer investigating a murder he didn’t commit.
4. End of Days; Susan Ee. The last book in a series with angels and an apocalypse, and the first was a mix of wonderful and terrifying, I want to read the second two together.
5. Karen Memory; Elizabeth Bear. A steampunk jack-the-ripper story, with a strong female lead.
6. Pocket Apocalypse; Seanan McGuire. Alexander, member of the cryptozoologist family, has fled some pointed questions from his girlfriend–all the way to Australia. Unfortunately, there’s werewolves in Australia, and they would prefer to be the only species around.
7. Prudence; Gail Carriger. The daughter of preternatural and a werewolf, Prudence has an unusual upbringing and it won’t be surprising she’ll have an unusual adventure, too.
8. Royal Wedding; Meg Cabot. A continuation of a series I loved in my teens–the princess finally grown up and getting married.
9. Smek for President; Adam Rex. A sequel to the The True Meaning of Smekday, a story about a very strange alien invasion.
10. The Wicked Will Rise; Danielle Paige. Another sequel, about an evil Dorothy, and the girl who must kill her.