Top Ten Tuesdays are hosted by The Broke and The Bookish, and feature lists related to all things bookish–characters, authors, titles, and favorites. They’re an excellent way to find new interesting books on a variety of topics, and to find bloggers that love the books you do.
Check out their blog for their top ten and lists of other bloggers who participate!
March 31: Ten Books You Recently Added To Your To-Be-Read List
This is my Goodreads TBR list, sorted by date added. Nice and easy, for once. 😉
1. Day Shift; Charlaine Harris. A sequel for a spin-off character, who is quite interesting in his own right.
2. Forsaken; Kelley Armstrong. An in-between book from a series with witches, werewolves, and demons. It’s always interesting to see what didn’t make it into the other books.
3. Greenglass House; Kate Milford. A house full of secrets, and secretive guests.
4. Karen Memory; Elizabeth Bear. An expensive bordello, a girl fleeing her abuser, and Jack the Ripper, wrapped up in a steampunk bow.
5. Prudence; Gail Carriger. Featuring the daughter of a steampunk character I enjoyed. It should be a light and fun book.
6. The Rook; Daniel O’Malley. The main character wakes up holding a note that says “the body you are wearing used to be mine.” Intriguing.
7. Saint Anything; Sarah Dressen. Someone extolled the virtues of this book on a blog, and I was sold. Family and self-discovery? Sure, why not.
8. The Sixth Gun (Vol. 8); Cullen Bunn. Six guns with terrible powers, which can be used to remake the world–and the flawed people trying to prevent that from happening. Violent, but gripping.
9. Smek for President; Adam Rex. The further adventures of the alien called J.Lo, and the human girl called Tip. It should be a wacky adventure.
10. The Wrath and the Dawn; Renee Ahdieh. A retelling of the story of Shahrzad that promises to make the story more complex.