Top Ten Tuesdays are hosted by The Broke and The Bookish, and feature lists related to all things bookish–characters, authors, titles, and favorites. They’re an excellent way to find new interesting books on a variety of topics, and to find bloggers that love the books you do.
Check out their blog for their top ten and lists of other bloggers who participate!
April 14: Top Ten Inspiring Quotes from Books (anything that inspires you, challenges you, makes you think, encourages you, etc.)
1. “Reality is frequently inaccurate.” The Restaurant at the End of the Universe; Douglas Adams.
2. “And in that moment, I swear we were infinite.” The Perks of Being a Wallflower; Stephen Chbosky.
3. “Do I dare / Disturb the universe?” “The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock;” T.S. Eliot.
4. “If it is stupid but it works, it isn’t stupid.” Owlknight; Mercedes Lackey.
5. “Maybes never are.” Dragonsong; Anne McCaffrey.
6. “Pain, like time, is going to come on regardless. Question is, what glorious moments can you win from life in addition to the pain?” Barrayar; Lois McMaster Bujold.
7. “Books are always obviously having conversations with other books, and some times they’re amiable and sometimes not.” The City & The City; China Miéville.
8. “They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it’s not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.” Equal Rites; Terry Pratchett
9. “It does not do well to dwell on dreams and forget to live, remember that.” Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone; J.K. Rowling.
10. “Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt.” Slaughterhouse-Five; Kurt Vonnegut.