Top Ten Tuesdays are hosted by The Broke and The Bookish, and feature lists related to all things bookish–characters, authors, titles, and favorites. They’re an excellent way to find new interesting books on a variety of topics, and to find bloggers that love the books you do.
Check out their blog for their top ten and lists of other bloggers who participate!
April 21: Top Ten ALL TIME Favorite Authors.
1. Douglas Adams. One of my favorite childhood authors, who taught me all about hapless adventures, depressed robots, and super-intelligent mice.
2. Ilona Andrews. Kick-butt heroines, plenty of humor, and some spectacular world-building.
3. Patricia Briggs. Werewolves, a werecoyote, and dangerous fey creatures.
4. Lois McMaster Bujold. I have several favorite series from this author, mostly a space opera with epic disasters and a fantasy with scary, scary, soul-eating monsters.
5. Jim Butcher. Smart-aleck wizard with awesome animal sidekicks, and plenty of humor.
6. Simon R. Green. A darker fantasy, with a dangerous city full of the weird, sometimes it’s wonderful sometimes it’s nightmares.
7. Tanya Huff. Another author with several wonderful series–my favorites involve a wizard; a house with a portal to hell; and a vampire working with a cop.
8. Mercedes Lackey. Another childhood favorite, with lots of magical worlds–griffins, magical horses, elementals, and magic-users of all kinds.
9. Anne McCaffrey. Dragons, telepaths, spaceships–most of them childhood staples.
10. Terry Pratchett. A weird and satirical world, a lot like ours, which brought a great deal of laughter to my childhood, and does so still.