Top Ten Tuesdays are hosted by The Broke and The Bookish, and feature lists related to all things bookish–characters, authors, titles, and favorites. They’re an excellent way to find new interesting books on a variety of topics, and to find bloggers that love the books you do.
Check out their blog for their top ten and lists of other bloggers who participate!
May 26: Ten Books I Plan To Have In My Beach Bag This Summer.
1. Public Enemies; Ann Aguirre. The Immortal Game isn’t for the weak-willed, and Edie Kramer hasn’t been making good moves so far. She’ll have to find some leverage, or the game won’t go so well for her.
2. Magic Shifts; Ilona Andrews. Because it’s Kate Daniels, of course.
3. Lair of Dreams; Libba Bray. Evie O’Neill has revealed herself as a Diviner, and now she has to face the consequences of the world knowing what she can do.
4. The Royal Wedding; Meg Cabot. All grown up, Mia is facing a wedding, and proving she can rule.
5. The Shores of Spain; Kathleen Cheney. Newlywed siren Oriana has to be an ambassador to her people, but peace isn’t easy.
6. Curious World of Calpurnia Tate; Jacqueline Kelly. The first book was an amazing, and the young character was smart and interesting.
7. The Thorn of Emberlain; Scott Lynch. I so want to read more about the Gentlemen Bastards, and this one has hints about Locke’s past emerging.
8. The Shepherd’s Crown; Terry Pratchett. The last Tiffany Aching book, when I thought the last one was the last. Always a nice surprise.
9. I Am Princess X; Cherie Priest. A webcomic shows up mysteriously everywhere, which is impossible since its co-creator is dead. Or is she?
10. Kitty Saves the World; Carrie Vaughan. Werewolf radio host, and all around hero for the nonhumans.