Top Ten Tuesdays are hosted by The Broke and The Bookish, and feature lists related to all things bookish–characters, authors, titles, and favorites. They’re an excellent way to find new interesting books on a variety of topics, and to find bloggers that love the books you do.
Check out their blog for their top ten and lists of other bloggers who participate!
June 2: Top Ten Books I’d Love To See As Movies/Tv Shows
1. Robert Asprin; Phule’s Company. Funny, with weird aliens and assorted misfits. And a butler.
2. Oryx & Crake; Margaret Atwood. A weird dystopian, complicated enough that it would be difficult to make into a move, but challenges are fun.
3. Warrior’s Apprentice; Lois McMaster Bujold. I really just want to see Miles on the screen. It’d be fun!
4. All American Girl; Meg Cabot. Princess Mia got a movie, why not the girl who who saved the President?
5. The Wind Witch; Susan Dexter. A favorite childhood book of mine, with a strong female character, and some cool powers.
6. An Abundance of Katherines; John Green. Why not make all the John Green books into movies?
7. The Magicians; Lev Grossman. Because if Harry Potter can do so well, why can’t a darker and grown up version do well?
8. Grave Sight; Charlaine Harris. Spooky powers, lots of mystery, and a strong female lead.
9. Johannes Cabal: The Necromancer; Johnathan Hughes. He’s snarky, and he’s trying to get his soul back from the devil–he’s having quite an adventure.
10. Wind Up Bird Chronicles; Haruki Murakami. Another weird one, but anything by Murakami would be interesting.