Thank you Marcia, for nominating me for the Real Neat Blog award. This seems like a nice simple one–answer random “either/or” questions, nominate a couple of people, ask a few questions of your own, and done! I can get behind that. 🙂
- Your day’s writing is done. You escape to your Comfy Chair. Do you go for something completely different, and grab the remote, or bury yourself in even more words with the latest offering from your favorite author?
The book, hands down. Every time I have a choice, I read. Watching t.v. has it’s moments, but it just can’t compare.
- Vacation time comes round again. Sun-washed sand and sparkling surf? Or dappled mountain shade and fern-lined waterfalls?
All the sunscreen in the world can’t keep me from burning if I spend too much time in direct sunlight, but the ocean has always fascinated me. So I pick the sand, with a rather large umbrella, and a towel… and a book to read.
- Your book just rocketed to the top of the New York Times best-seller list. Champagne and caviar, or a week being pampered at a spa? Neither sufficiently celebratory for you? Tell us what is.
Oh, wow… I think I would go on a trip, to celebrate–pick someplace I have always wanted to go, and probably visit a lot of museums, libraries, and bookstores while I was there.
- You simply must take a day away from the computer, before you find your limbs completely atrophied and useless. Power shopping at the mall? A stroll around an art gallery? A day at the zoo? An afternoon in your garden? None of the above?
I like to go for walks in outdoor malls, the kind with plenty of scattered seating, lovely landscaping, and lots of awnings for shade. (Bonus if there’s a bookstore to amble through if you get too hot/cold.) Or at a park, or one of our many stretches of Riverwalk.
- Life is Good, because…
Because it changes. But no matter how much it changes, there’s always something wonderful there, if you look for it.
- Dreamingthroughliterature; a wide variety of book reviews.
- Lynn’s Book Blog; books and movies and travel.
Both do some seriously awesome book reviews. And I’m not just saying that because we have similar taste in books, I promise. Check their blogs out! (And if either of you can’t accept the award for any reason, don’t feel bad. They do take up time…)
- Which would you prefer–to never be able to leave your home city, or to never be able to go back to it?
- Would you rather never re-read a book, or only re-read the ones you have read? (Assume someone could present you with a list of all the books you’ve read over your lifetime.)
- Would you rather have a dragon, or be a dragon?
- Which would you choose–to live permanently in a fictional world, or visit as many as you liked but you couldn’t stay more than a few hours? If you’d do the former, which book/series?
- What book that you’ve read recently would you recommend to everyone?