Top Ten Tuesdays are hosted by The Broke and The Bookish, and feature lists related to all things bookish–characters, authors, titles, and favorites. They’re an excellent way to find new interesting books on a variety of topics, and to find bloggers that love the books you do.
Check out their blog for their top ten and lists of other bloggers who participate!
August 18: Top Ten Of Your Auto-buy Authors (no matter the genre or what it’s about…you’ll buy it from these authors!).
All these authors have produced multiple books that I loved. All these come with a caveat–I won’t really buy anything from any author–but these are the ones I am most likely to buy whatever they write, if it sounds good.
1. Ilona Andrews. I love their Kate Daniels series, Clean Sweep, and the start of the Hidden Legacy series. The Edge series was pretty good, too. Some excellent urban fantasy, slow burning romances, and humor.
2. Patricia Briggs. The werewolf Omega and Mercy Thompson books are both excellent, with some kickbutt heroines, and I enjoyed several of her shorter series/stand alones–Hob’s Bargain, especially.
3. Lois McMaster Bujold. Miles Vorkosigan is an amazing, fast-talking, manic hero who’ll stop at nothing–the Sharing Knife a fascinating and slightly creepy dystopian, with scary, scary monsters.
4. Jim Butcher. This is all about Dresden, but I’m curious about his new steampunk series.
5. Neil Gaiman. I don’t need to read his Sandman series again, but I will re-read books like The Ocean at the End of the Lane, Neverwhere, American Gods, etc.
6. Jenny Lawson. She’s only put out one book, with a second soon–but I also read her blog religiously, and that’s a couple books worth of writing.
7. Seanan McGuire. (a.k.a Mira Grant) Whatever she writes, so far, has been good to wonderful–bloggers in a zombie apocalypse, urban fantasy with elves, ghost stories…
8. China Mieville. Books that make you think: about geography, language, obsession, religion, culture, and more.
9. C.E. Murphy. Some excellent urban fantasy, with a shaman; or gargoyles, dragons, vampires, and djinn (oh my!).
10. Rainbow Rowell. Reliably funny and cute, with a few more serious than others. But even the darkest ones have some light moments.