Top Ten Tuesdays are hosted by The Broke and The Bookish, and feature lists related to all things bookish–characters, authors, titles, and favorites. They’re an excellent way to find new interesting books on a variety of topics, and to find bloggers that love the books you do.
Check out their blog for their top ten and lists of other bloggers who participate!
October 6: Ten Bookish Things I Want to Quit Or Have Quit (aka ten book series I think I’m going to abandon, ten bookish habits I want to quit, ten authors I quit reading, ten types of books I’m quitting, ten tropes I want to stop reading about, ten books I marked as DNF (did not finish) recently, etc.)
There’s not a lot of bookish things I’m determined to quit, so this is going to be a mixed bag, and nowhere near ten.
1.Carrie Bebris’ Darcy Mysteries. I should probably stop reading P & P spin offs, but that isn’t going to happen. This one, however, has lost my attention a couple books ago.
2. Erasures. I don’t put did not finish books on Goodreads, because I feel bad about rating something I didn’t complete. But I need another way to keep track of them–to quit erasing them, so I can remember down the line that I tried. (This also means any DNFs can’t go on this list, sadly.)
3. Janet Evanovich’s Fox and O’Hare. Cute mysteries, but not entertaining enough.
4. Late nights. Another thing I’m not too likely to succeed at, but I should quit reading for hours before bed. Just one more page . . .
5. Katie MacAlister’s dragon romances. I loved a few books of her earlier series, but there’s a few series that have wandered off into territory that doesn’t work for me.
6. Cherie Priest’s Borden Dispatches. I read the first book, and just didn’t like it. So far, I have resisted the second book to see if it gets better.
7. Sticking to the End. Even when a series gets away from me, and I lose interest, I have a very hard time quitting. I need to learn to quit not quitting, I guess.
What about you?