Top Ten Tuesdays are hosted by The Broke and The Bookish, and feature lists related to all things bookish–characters, authors, titles, and favorites. They’re an excellent way to find new interesting books on a variety of topics, and to find bloggers that love the books you do.
Check out their blog for their top ten and lists of other bloggers who participate!
October 13: Top Ten Author Duos You’d LOVE To See Write A Book Together
I’ll be honest, any of my favorite authors working together would make me extremely happy. But these pairs would be amazing.
1.Ilona Andrews and Patricia Briggs. Their world building and character development would work nicely together, I think.
2. Kelley Armstrong and C.E. Murphy. Two awesome authors with lovely urban fantasy worlds.
3. Lindsay Buroker and China Mieville. Some thoughtful puzzles in these books–what they could they do together?
4. Jim Butcher and Simon R. Green. Smart-@ss, dark heroes.
5. Meg Cabot and Tamora Pierce. Girl power, strong heroines, and a sense of humor.
6. Neil Gaiman and Ann Aguirre. They both create epic worlds, with a hint of magic.
7. Laura Anne Gilman and Devon Monk. A little dark, a little dangerous.
8. Charlaine Harris and J.D. Robb. Very mysterious mysteries.
9. Tanya Huff and Mercedes Lackey. I really admire their characters and magic systems.
10. Seanan McGuire and Lois McMaster Bujold. They have a sort of similar balance of dark and light, and sort of crazy determined characters.