~~~****~~Good luck to all the NaNoWriMos! We’re almost there! Write on!~~***~~~~
Top Ten Tuesdays are hosted by The Broke and The Bookish, and feature lists related to all things bookish–characters, authors, titles, and favorites. They’re an excellent way to find new interesting books on a variety of topics, and to find bloggers that love the books you do.
Check out their blog for their top ten and lists of other bloggers who participate!
November 24: Thanksgiving themed Freebie — ten books I’m thankful for, authors I’m thankful for, Ten fictional families I’d like to celebrate Thanksgiving with, a personal non-bookish thankful list, etc. etc.
I’m going to do bookish things I’m thankful for.
1. Book Clubs. I found one nearby, and have gone twice so far, and am really enjoying myself. I do love talking about books.
2. Book Totes. Good for carrying books, and being stylish while doing it.
3. Book Bloggers. Y’all are my people.
4. Detailed book reviews. Not just plot summary, but how it made then feel, where the story succeeds, and where it falls short. Bonus thank-points for mentioning annoying cliches or warnings of sudden turn for the better/worse.
5. Free books. Book gifts, book giveaways, ARCs, however you can legally get a free book, I’m all for it.
6. Goodreads. I use this site for so much. Reviews, book buddies, recommendations, tracking books read and to-read…
7. Little Free Libraries. Small, lovely, and it’s fun to see what collection each area holds.
8. Old books. They’re little time machines. I need to read more of them!
9. Public Libraries. Nothing like free books! I love picking up holds, checking out a big stack of books, or browsing the new book shelves.
10. Sir Terry Pratchett. His books are incredibly re-readable, and never fail to make me laugh and think.