Top Ten Tuesdays are hosted by The Broke and The Bookish, and feature lists related to all things bookish–characters, authors, titles, and favorites. They’re an excellent way to find new interesting books on a variety of topics, and to find bloggers that love the books you do.
Check out their blog for their top ten and lists of other bloggers who participate!
December 15: Top Ten Best Books I Read In 2015 (you can do it by only 2015 releases, overall , by genre (top ten fantasy books I read in 2015), etc. however you choose to make your BEST list)
These are my current favorite books read in 2015, though I still have a few couple weeks, and could possibly change this list in that time.
1. Magic Shifts; Ilona Andrews. The latest in a series, with even more relationship development between my favorite were-lion and blood-magic user couple.
2. Vision in Silver; Anne Bishop. Blood prophets, and some truly scary Others (vampires, weres, etc.) fighting with the humans over resources. They were there first, and they won’t be pushed aside.
3. Dead Heat; Patricia Briggs. Werewolf politics are exciting. Fae politics are even more so. Toss fae and werewolves together…
4. A Darkling Sea; James L. Cambias. A detailed science fiction first-encounter story, with some very alien aliens.
5. The Sleeper & the Spindle; Neil Gaiman. A wickedly funny fairy tale, turned on its head.
6. Valor Anthology; Megan Lavey-Heaton & Isabelle Melançon. A collection of fairy tales with strong, brave female leads.
7. Rose Red Chain; Seanan McGuire. A dark urban fantasy, with plenty of close knit relationships forming a group that will light a candle, no matter the danger.
8. A Blink of the Screen; Terry Pratchett. A collection of stories from a much missed, bitingly funny author.
9. Firefight; Brian Sanderson. The power makes everyone a supervillian. Or does it?
10. Blue Lily, Lily Blue; Maggie Stiefvater. Lyrical, magical, and gripping, a doomed love story that avoids being too sentimental.