Top Ten Tuesdays are hosted by The Broke and The Bookish, and feature lists related to all things bookish–characters, authors, titles, and favorites. They’re an excellent way to find new interesting books on a variety of topics, and to find bloggers that love the books you do.
Check out their blog for their top ten and lists of other bloggers who participate!
December 22: Top Ten Books I Wouldn’t Mind Santa Leaving Under My Tree This Year
1. The Goblin Emperor; Katherine Addison. I read this book about politics and a ruler who didn’t want to rule, and I’d like to read it again a few times.
2. Rivers of London (Graphic Novel); Ben Aaronovitch. I enjoy the books, and it’s always fun to see them in another medium.
3. Raven’s Shadow; Patricia Briggs. Another book by a favorite author I somehow haven’t read yet.
4. The Secret Garden; Frances Hodgson Burnett. I had a copy of this as a child, and trashed it. Someday I would like a special copy–leather bound, perhaps, to revisit.
5. Diplomats & Fugitives; Lindsay Buroker. The latest in a series I enjoy, but it doesn’t follow my favorite characters, so I haven’t gotten it… yet.
6. Finding Magic; Tanya Huff. A collection by an author I love, and a beautiful cover.
7. Namesake Set; Isabelle Melançon, Megan Lavey-Heaton.
8. The City & The City; China Mieville. There are a few of his books I want to own and re-read, but I have been thinking about this one recently.
9. Temporally Out of Order; Joshua Palmatier, Patricia Bray. A collection that includes some of my favorite authors. It could be amazing.
10. Zen Pencils; Gavin Aung Than. A collection of inspirational, illustrated quotes. Just the thing to help throw a spark.