Top Ten Tuesdays are hosted by The Broke and The Bookish, and feature lists related to all things bookish–characters, authors, titles, and favorites. They’re an excellent way to find new interesting books on a variety of topics, and to find bloggers that love the books you do.
Check out their blog for their top ten and lists of other bloggers who participate!
December 29: Top Ten Most Anticipated Releases For The First Half of 2016.
1. Rose and the Dagger; Renee Ahdieh. (May 3) A sequel to a fascinating Scheherazade story.
2. Marked in Flesh; Anne Bishop. (Mar. 8) Blood prophets, Others, and all kinds of adventures.
3. Fire Touched; Patricia Briggs. (Mar. 8) The latest story about my favorite shape-shifting coyote mechanic.
4. Gentleman Jole and the Red Queen; Lois McMaster Bujold. (Feb. 2) Finally Cordelia gets another book!
5. Remembrance; Meg Cabot. (Feb. 2) Cabot added a much later book to another series of hers, and it was good. I hope this one is, too.
6. Ride the Storm; Karen Chance. (Apr. 5) Someday Cassie’ll actually complete her rescue of (redacted). Maybe this book.
7. Every Heart a Doorway; Seanan McGuire. (Apr. 5) A new series by an author who hasn’t written a single word I didn’t like.
8. Calamity; Brandon Sanderson. (Feb. 16) Evil superpowers! This is where they come from… Calamity.
9. A Gathering of Shadows; V.E. Schwab. (Feb. 23) The first book was a little uneven, but interesting. I have hopes for this one.
10. The Raven King; Maggie Stiefvater. (apr. 26) Need it now! Sleeping kings, death prophecies, magic and mystery.