Top Ten Tuesdays are hosted by The Broke and The Bookish, and feature lists related to all things bookish–characters, authors, titles, and favorites. They’re an excellent way to find new interesting books on a variety of topics, and to find bloggers that love the books you do.
Check out their blog for their top ten and lists of other bloggers who participate!
January 12: Top Ten 2015 Releases I Meant To Get To But Didn’t.
This year, for sure! (Probably.)
1. None of the Above; I.W. Gregorio. I spotted this on a blog, and it seemed interesting. The world isn’t so binary as it might seem.
2. The Good, the Bad, the Smug; Tom Holt. Holt does these strange, rambling adventures, with hapless main characters and weird science.
3. The Fifth Season; N.K. Jemisin. A war fighting for basic resources, and one woman determined to save her daughter–it sounds like it could be rough, but the reviews are really good.
4. Illuminae; Amie Kaufman. I basically saw this one on so many blogs I gave in. War, plague, rogue A.I.s, romance gone bad–it should be an adventure.
5. Air Awakens; Elise Kova. Another pretty cover, but what really sold me were the words “library apprentice.” Bookish people make great heroes.
6. The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl; Ryan North & Erica Henderson. How could you resist this premise? Squirrel powered superhero!
7. Written in the Stars; Aisha Saeed. Isn’t it pretty?
8. The Shattered Court; M.J. Scott. I enjoyed her other series, and this one looks to have magic aplenty.
9. Long Walk to Valhalla; Adam Scott. Mostly it’s the title, but the concept–a Valkyrie walking someone about to die through their life–caught my attention, too.
10. Futuristic Violence and Fancy Suits; David Wong. I’ve read John Dies at the End and This Book is Full of Spiders, and enjoyed both, so I’m willing to take a chance on this one. Superhuman villains versus a woman with a cat. Sounds fun, right?