Top Ten Tuesdays are hosted by The Broke and The Bookish, and feature lists related to all things bookish–characters, authors, titles, and favorites. They’re an excellent way to find new interesting books on a variety of topics, and to find bloggers that love the books you do.
Check out their blog for their top ten and lists of other bloggers who participate!
February 9: Valentine’s Day is next week…let’s do a Valentine’s Day themed freebie! Top Ten Books That Would Make Great Valentine’s Day Reads (or anti-Valentine’s day reads), Top Ten OTPs, Top 10 fictional crushes, top ten great love declarations in fiction, swoony quotes from books etc. Get creative!
I’m going general–Top Ten Quotes About Love.
1. “You are too generous to trifle with me. If your feelings are still what they were last April, tell me so at once. My affections and wishes are unchanged, but one word from you will silence me on this subject for ever.” Pride & Prejudice; Jane Austen.
2. “Love is the answer to everything. It’s the only reason to do anything.” Ray Bradbury
3. “love is a place/ & through this place of/ love move/ (with brightness of peace)/ all places” “love is a place;” E.E. Cummings.
4. “We love the things we love for what they are.” Robert Frost
5. “Have you ever been in love? Horrible isn’t it? It makes you so vulnerable. It opens your chest and it opens up your heart and it means that someone can get inside you and mess you up.” The Sandman; Neil Gaiman.
6. “I thought an hour ago that I loved you more than any woman has ever loved a man, but a half hour after that I knew that what I felt before was nothing compared to what I felt then. But ten minutes after that, I understood that my previous love was a puddle compared to the high seas before a storm.” –The Princess Bride, by William Goldman
7. “Your love is the weather of my being./ What is an island without the sea?” “Yours;” Daniel Hoffman.
8. “To love or have loved, that is enough. Ask nothing further. There is no other pearl to be found in the dark folds of life.” Les Miserables; Victor Hugo.
9. “If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day, so I never have to live without you.” Winnie the Pooh; A.A. Milne.
10. “It is better to love wisely, no doubt: but to love foolishly is better than not to be able to love at all.” Vanity Fair; William Makepeace Thackery.