Top Ten Tuesdays are hosted by The Broke and The Bookish, and feature lists related to all things bookish–characters, authors, titles, and favorites. They’re an excellent way to find new interesting books on a variety of topics, and to find bloggers that love the books you do.
Check out their blog for their top ten and lists of other bloggers who participate!
April 19: Ten Books That Will Make You Laugh (or at least chuckle).
I rather did this before, but here’s another ten. I do love to laugh!
1. Giant Days; John Allison. A graphic novel about college misadventures, friendship, and a little revenge.
2. Boy Next Door; Meg Cabot. A romance full of misunderstandings and an almost-murder.
3. The BFG; Roald Dahl. A dream-carrying giant makes a friend, full of laughs and funny made-up words.
4. Nice Girls Don’t Have Fangs; Molly Harper. A romance that’s a little silly, but sometimes that’s okay.
5. Furiously Happy; Jenny Lawson. Her second book is more episodic than her first, with funny and/or thoughtful stories about her life, and her determination to be happy despite what life throws at her.
6. Helen and Troy’s Epic Road Quest; A. Lee Martinez. Helen and Troy are sent by a god on a quest–only they really don’t want to go. Everyone is determined to stop them, because success could end the world, but failure will end their lives…
7. Island of the Sequined Love Nun; Christopher Moore. A pilot crashes his boss’ plane and ends up hiding out on an island in the grip of a strange religion.
8. The Amazing Maurice and his Educated Rodents; Terry Pratchett. One of his great stand-alones, this is the ‘true’ story of the pied piper, and nothing is as it seems.
9. Twelfth Night; William Shakespeare. Twins separated after a ship wreck try to make their way, full of mistaken identity, love, and some strange costumes.
10. Slaughterhouse Five; Kurt Vonnegut. A master of dark humor tells a strange story of war.