Top Ten Tuesdays are hosted by The Broke and The Bookish, and feature lists related to all things bookish–characters, authors, titles, and favorites. They’re an excellent way to find new interesting books on a variety of topics, and to find bloggers that love the books you do.
Check out their blog for their top ten and lists of other bloggers who participate!
May 10: Ten Websites I Love That Aren’t About Books (you could go specific and do like top ten favorite food/travel/craft/fitness blogs I follow, 10 websites I visit daily,
10 9 fun websites I waste a lot of time on etc.)
This reminded me that nearly all of my online time is book related. But here’s 10 websites I spend a lot of time on, that aren’t about books. Really. Maybe book-adjacent…
1. The Bloggess. So she’s a writer, but she mostly talks about non-book-related things, like taxidermy, anxiety, and the way she messes with her husband.
2. Dreamscope. All sorts of wacky filters, to seriously warp your pictures.
3. Etsy. This site has so many handmade things for fans of pretty much anything, beautiful clothes, jewelry, etc. I can waste so much time staring at all the pretties.
4. Kickstarter. Sometimes I back the projects, other times I only admire them.
5. Metalfloss (YouTube). Often random, never boring.
6. PostSecret. Most of the secrets are sad, but sometimes they funny or hopeful.
7. Thinkgeek. For all your nerdy needs. I own quite a few things from this site….
8. Vlog brothers (YouTube). Brothers Hank and John Green make videos for each other, telling stories, sharing events, and generally being funny and sweet.
9. Welcome to Night Vale. A podcast, funny and apologetically strange and I love it.