Top Ten Tuesdays are hosted by The Broke and The Bookish, and feature lists related to all things bookish–characters, authors, titles, and favorites. They’re an excellent way to find new interesting books on a variety of topics, and to find bloggers that love the books you do.
Check out their blog for their top ten and lists of other bloggers who participate!
May 17: Ten Books I Picked Up On A Whim (however you decide to interpret that (bought or read or something else) — I know most people read based on recommendation but we want to know those books you picked up without really hearing about or knowing much about!)
1. The Girl with Ghost Eyes; M.h. Boroson. The cover jumped out at me on a library acquisitions email, and now I’m eagerly waiting for the next book.
2. Horimiya; Hero. Also on a library email, and I thought it seemed cute. A sweet romance.
3. Roses and Rot; Kat Howard. A title that caught my eye on my library acquisitions email, which I’m looking forward to.
4. Iluminae; Amie Kaufman. Spotted this on a bunch of TTT posts. Love the use of various texts.
5. The Life-Changing Magic of not Giving a F*ck; Sarah Knight. The title caught my eye in a bookstore, and it turns out to have some good things to say about saying ‘no.’
6. The Shadow Queen; C.J. Redwine. Saw this on a blog, and I love fairy-tale retellings, which this cover promised.
7. Girl Waits with Gun; Amy Stewart. The cover caught my eye in a bookstore. It’s a based on true history story, with strong women.
8. Wink Poppy Midnight; Genevieve April Tucholke. Saw this beautiful cover on a blog. It’s a rather lyrical story, and not for everyone, but worth looking up.
9. Rat Queens; Kurtis Wiebe. Read a few pages in a bookstore, and decided to get it from the library.
10. The Sorcerer of the Wildeeps; Kai Ashante Wilson. Saw this on a blog review. It’s a great adventure!