Top Ten Tuesdays are hosted by The Broke and The Bookish, and feature lists related to all things bookish–characters, authors, titles, and favorites. They’re an excellent way to find new interesting books on a variety of topics, and to find bloggers that love the books you do.
Check out their blog for their top ten and lists of other bloggers who participate!
May 31: Beach Reads Week — top ten great beach reads, ten books I plan to read on the beach, ten beach reads for those who don’t like typical ~beach reads~, ten authors who are my go-to for beach reads, etc.
I’m not too much of a beach person, being inclined to burn despite all the sunscreen in the world. But if I did have a big umbrella over a nice chair or hammock, these are the books I’d be most excited to read while listening to the waves.
1. Half of a Yellow Sun; Chimamanda Adichie. A nice sunny cover for the beach.
2. Throne of the Crescent Moon; Saladin Ahmed. A magical adventure makes a great beachy read.
3. Half A Creature from the Sea; David Almond. Just for that title.
4. Passenger; Alexandra Bracken. Have you ever seen how they get ships in bottles? It’s impressive.
5. Illusive; Emily Lloyd-Jones. I’ve had my eye on this superhero book for a while, it looks like a great story.
6. The Disappearance of Ember Crow; Ambelin Kwaymullina. A sequel I have been impatiently waiting for, a riveting dystopian.
7. Summer Days and Summer Nights; Stephanie Perkins. Summer, the beach, and love.
8. Spiral in Time; Helen Scales. What better place than the beach to read a book about seashells?
9. Sky Pirates; Liesel Schwartz. Nothing says beach like steampunk!
10. Shattered Court; M.J. Scott. I think this is set in an island kingdom…