Top Ten Tuesdays are hosted by The Broke and The Bookish, and feature lists related to all things bookish–characters, authors, titles, and favorites. They’re an excellent way to find new interesting books on a variety of topics, and to find bloggers that love the books you do.
Check out their blog for their top ten and lists of other bloggers who participate!
August 2: Ten Books You’d Buy Right This Second If Someone Handed You A Fully Loaded Gift Card.
Narrowing this down to ten was harder than I thought–but also rather fun.
1. Moon Over Soho; Ben Aaronovitch. The next book I’m missing from a particular edition of the series I’m collecting.
2. Giant Days (Vol 1 & 2); John Allison. I loved the first book, really curious about the second.
3. The Secret Garden; Francis Hogson Burnett. A leather bound edition to match books I already own.
4. Finding Magic; Tanya Huff. The hardback is pretty expensive, so I’ve been contemplating it used.
5. Cinder: Marissa Meyer. This is the only book I need to finish the series, but I’ve been waiting to find it used.
6. Embassytown; China Mieville. A book I’ve read before and want to own.
7. Temporally Out of Order; Seanan McGuire, etc. A collection with authors I know I like.
8. Urban Allies; Joseph Nassise. A lot of authors I love in this collection.
9. Mort; Terry Pratchett. Really, many of these lovely collector’s editions, but especially this one.
10. Harry Potter & The Cursed Child; J.K. Rowling. 🙂