Top Ten Tuesdays are hosted by The Broke and The Bookish, and feature lists related to all things bookish–characters, authors, titles, and favorites. They’re an excellent way to find new interesting books on a variety of topics, and to find bloggers that love the books you do.
Check out their blog for their top ten and lists of other bloggers who participate!
August 16: Top Ten Books With X Setting (top ten books set near the beach, top ten book set in boarding school, top ten books set in England, etc)
I chose London, magical or otherwise.
1. Midnight Riot; Ben Aaronovitch.
2. A Bear Called Paddington; Michael Bond.
3. Oliver Twist; Charles Dickens.
4. The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes; Arthur Conan Doyle.
5. Cuckoo’s Calling; Robert Gailbraith.
6. Neverwhere; Neil Gaiman.
7. Frederica; Georgette Heyer.
8. Un Lun Dun; China Mieville.
9. Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde; Robert Lois Stevenson.
10. The Picture of Dorian Gray; Oscar Wilde.