Top Ten Tuesdays are hosted by The Broke and The Bookish, and feature lists related to all things bookish–characters, authors, titles, and favorites. They’re an excellent way to find new interesting books on a variety of topics, and to find bloggers that love the books you do.
Check out their blog for their top ten and lists of other bloggers who participate!
September 20: All About Audio freebie — aka top ten audiobooks you should listen to, 10 books I want to listen to on audio,10 bands you should check out, 10 podcasts you should be listening to, 10 of my all time favorite albums, 10 songs I love, really whatever you can come up with.
I’m going to go all over the place–podcast/audiobooks I recommend or want to listen to.
1. Alice Isn’t Dead. The first season of this is over, and I’ve listened to it. Hoping for a second! It’s about a trucker searching for her missing wife, and it is weird and a bit scary, with a great mystery.
2. Limetown. Complete story about a (fictional) disappearance of 300 people from a town. Sounds mysterious.
3. Thrilling Adventure Hour. Recommended by a friend, it has different sections. Haven’t given it a try yet, though.
4. Welcome to Night Vale. Love this one so much! Night Vale is a deeply strange little town in the desert, where the weird is just… everyday.
5. Within the Wires. By some of the same people as Welcome to Night Vale and Alice Isn’t Dead, and I will listen to it for that reason alone. I’m waiting for the whole season to be out, though.
6. American Housewife; Helen Ellis. Funny stories about women–sounds good to me.
7. View From the Cheap Seats; Neil Gaiman. Have you heard the man speak? 🙂 I’m curious about this memoir, and hearing one read by the author has to be good, I think.
8. The Regional Office is Under Attack!; Manuel Gonzales. That title? Sold. Fight scenes and mechanical arms are promised.
9. The Girl from Everywhere; Heidi Heilig. Time travel, pirates, and magic? I must check this out.
10. The Passenger; Lisa Lutz. Saw this on a list–a mystery with an unreliable narrator.