Top Ten Tuesdays are hosted by The Broke and The Bookish, and feature lists related to all things bookish–characters, authors, titles, and favorites. They’re an excellent way to find new interesting books on a variety of topics, and to find bloggers that love the books you do.
Check out their blog for their top ten and lists of other bloggers who participate!
November 8: Ten Books I’ve Added To My To-Be-Read List Lately (inspired by my New to the Queue posts)
I have several versions of a TBR list, so some of these books I plan to read soon, others will have to wait.
1. Throne of the Crescent Moon; Saladin Ahmed. Saw Patrick Rothfuss’ glowing review, and decided to give it a shot.
2. Half a Creature from the Sea; David Almond & Eleanor Taylor. Saw this on a blog, the title made me curious. Short stories, promises weirdness.
3. Kids of Appetite; David Arnold. Saw a snippet of this on an eARC site, didn’t win a copy to read, so went to the library for it.
4. Conspiracy of Ravens; Lila Bowen. I liked her first wild west with supernatural creatures story–saw the second book at the library.
5. Passenger; Alexandra Bracken. Saw this on several blogs, finally gave in to the pretty cover.
6. Shadowed Souls; Jim Butcher, et al. Because it’s Jim Butcher, Tanya Huff, Seanan McGuire, and some other authors I like.
7. Damsel Distressed; Kelsey Macke. Saw this on last weeks TTT. The cycle is endless!
8. Unmentionable; Therese Oneill. I know from college that the Victorians weren’t quite as repressed as people these days think. Saw this on a blog, and it piqued my curiosity.
9. The Bone Collection; Kathy Reichs. Some short stories in the world of Dr. Brennan, from which the tv show Bones was loosely based on.
10. Cross Talk; Connie Willis. Read a few snippets about this–people can get implanted with a device that supposedly helps you understand your partner’s emotions–it intrigued me.