Top Ten Tuesdays are hosted by The Broke and The Bookish, and feature lists related to all things bookish–characters, authors, titles, and favorites. They’re an excellent way to find new interesting books on a variety of topics, and to find bloggers that love the books you do.
Check out their blog for their top ten and lists of other bloggers who participate!
November 29: Holiday Gift Guide freebie (ten books to buy the YA lover in your life, 10 books to buy for your dad, etc.)
This list is books to buy for your family. They’re about family, love, friendship, etc., because if you’re buying books for a family member, you must love them! 😉
1. I’ll Meet You There; Heather Demetrios. For fans of a love story.
2. Anansi Boys; Neil Gaiman. It’s not easy being the son of a god…
3. The Namesake; Jhumpa Lahiri. About families, and growth, parents and their children.
4. The Godfather; Mario Puzo. Not just family, but the Family you really don’t want to disappoint.
5. Look Me In the Eye; John Elder Robinson. A look inside a life growing up on the autism spectrum, and how that affects relationships.
6. Nobody’s Fool; Richard Russo. A flawed father, and a son following in his footsteps.
7. The End of your Life Book Club; Will Schwalbe. Want a book about family that will make you cry? This is a good one.
8. The Joy Luck Clan; Amy Tan. About mothers and their daughters.
9. The Glass Castle; Jeanette Walls. A dysfunctional family memoir.
10. The Golem and the Jinni; Helene Wecker. Two magical creatures find their way to each other, and develop an unlikely friendship.