Top Ten Tuesdays are hosted by The Broke and The Bookish, and feature lists related to all things bookish–characters, authors, titles, and favorites. They’re an excellent way to find new interesting books on a variety of topics, and to find bloggers that love the books you do.
Check out their blog for their top ten and lists of other bloggers who participate!
December 27: Top Ten Best Books Of 2016 (you choose — best books overall of what you read regardless of pub date, of a particular genre, 2016 debuts, 2016 releases, etc)
I’m doing my ten favorites of books I read in 2016. This one is tough, but I reserve the right to change my mind. 🙂
1. Breakout; Ann Aguirre. A space station prison, and a truly desperate need to escape before they all die.
2. Betrayals; Kelley Armstrong. A strange, fey little town, with a whole bunch of clever liars, and one woman who has to decide what she wants–and how hard she’ll fight for it.
3. Magic Binds; Ilona Andrews. Kick-butt magic-user/ mercenary with some serious daddy issues. (He wants to destroy everything.)
4. Marked in Flesh; Anne Bishop. The humans decided to steal the Others (supernatural beings) territory, and the Others fight back.
5. Fire Touched; Patricia Briggs. Mercy Thompson, mechanic and mate to an alpha werewolf. She takes no sh!t.
6. Wake of Vultures; Lila Bowen. A supernatural western, and a sudden ability to see the monsters hiding as humans.
7. Gentleman Jole and the Red Queen; Lois McMaster Bujold. The story of a wife and mother after she loses her husband–a tough woman finding a new life path.
8. Sorcerer to the Crown; Zen Cho. Having magic can be difficult, but two outsiders make an effort. Excellent world building in this one!
9. Once Broken Faith; Seanan McGuire. One of my favorite urban fantasy series. Deadly sidhe, wicked magic, and a King of Cats in tight leather pants.
10. Raven King; Maggie Stiefvater. The last book in a series with magic, love, prophecy, and a sleeping king.