Top Ten Tuesdays are hosted by The Broke and The Bookish, and feature lists related to all things bookish–characters, authors, titles, and favorites. They’re an excellent way to find new interesting books on a variety of topics, and to find bloggers that love the books you do.
Check out their blog for their top ten and lists of other bloggers who participate!
January 24: FREEBIE — that super specific list you want to make?? All yours to tackle this week!
I’m going for something near and dear to most bibliophile’s hearts… special editions. Here’s the top ten special editions I would own if I had far more bookshelves.
1. Barnes and Noble Classics. I like the simple covers and the elegant spines on these.
2. Barnes and Noble Collectible Editions. These ones are a bit more elaborate and shiny.
3. Penguin Drop Caps. The simple design of the big letter makes these very striking.
4. Penguin Hardcover Classics. The way the pattern on the front wraps onto the spine means they’re pretty from every angle.
5. Puffin in Bloom. Pretty, pretty flowers.
6. Puffin Chalk Collection. Dark and bright at the same time.
7. Strand’s New Leather Classics. You can buy books by the foot. Because you always need more books…
8. Strand’s Victorian Era Books. Mostly because I have a soft spot for Victorian literature.
9. White’s Fine Editions. Lovely, artsy covers.
10. Word Cloud Classics. I love the soft covers, and the quotes stamped into them.