Top Ten Tuesdays are hosted by The Broke and The Bookish, and feature lists related to all things bookish–characters, authors, titles, and favorites. They’re an excellent way to find new interesting books on a variety of topics, and to find bloggers that love the books you do.
Check out their blog for their top ten and lists of other bloggers who participate!
January 31: All about the visuals: Top Ten Favorite Graphic Novels/Comics or Ten Comics on My TBR or Top Ten Favorite Picture Books
Here’s my Top Ten Favorite Graphic Novels/Comics.
1. Giant Days; John Allison. A slice of life comic about three college roommates.
2. Moon Called; Patricia Briggs. Mercy Thompson, shape shifter coyote and part of a werewolf pack, gets her story in comic form.
3. Girls with Slingshots; Danielle Corsetto. A funny story about Hazel and her friends, with the occasional talking plant and ghost cat.
4. How to Talk to Girls at Parties; Neil Gaiman. Weird and dreamy.
5. Megatokyo; Fred Gallagher. Two friends move to Tokyo, and it turns out all the monster movies are truer than they realized.
6. Monstress; Marjorie Liu. Dark but lovely–about people who look like monsters, and those that are monsters on the inside.
7. Strong Female Protagonist; Brennan Mulligan. A girl with superpowers abandons her cape and mask for a normal life.
8. Nimona; Noelle Stevenson. Nimona offers to be an assistant to a villain–and turns out to be hiding some impressive secrets.
9. Saga; Brian Vaughan. Science fiction epic, with many alien species struggling to survive a war–and a pair of star-crossed lovers determined to do more than just survive.
10. Lumberjanes; Shannon Watters. A camp for girls, full of zany magical adventures.