Top Ten Tuesdays are hosted by The Broke and The Bookish, and feature lists related to all things bookish–characters, authors, titles, and favorites. They’re an excellent way to find new interesting books on a variety of topics, and to find bloggers that love the books you do.
Check out their blog for their top ten and lists of other bloggers who participate.
March 28: Top Ten Authors I’m Dying To Meet / Ten Authors I Can’t Believe I’ve Met (some other “meeting authors” type spin you want to do)
Authors I’m Glad I Met
1. Ilona Andrews. I met the husband and wife team at a book signing–Gordon said they’re a “short but sturdy people.”
2. Anne Bishop. Saw her and Briggs at a shared signing. Two for the price of one!
3. & Patricia Briggs. She has all the colors of pens.
4. Charlaine Harris. She did a talk up on a stage, and then was a signing machine. The line was long, but moved fast.
5. Jenny Lawson. I’ve been lucky enough to meet her a few times. Always a funny, thoughtful speaker.
Authors I Want to Meet
Jim Butcher. I adore his Dresden books. Who doesn’t love a t-rex riding wizard?
Tanya Huff. So many great fantasy books, all with wonderful magic systems and great heroes.
Mercedes Lackey. A bunch of my childhood favorites.
China Mieville. The twisty mind behind these books!
Seanan McGuire. Urban fantasy at its best, weird wonderful short stories, and great characters.