Top Ten Tuesdays are hosted by The Broke and The Bookish, and feature lists related to all things bookish–characters, authors, titles, and favorites. They’re an excellent way to find new interesting books on a variety of topics, and to find bloggers that love the books you do.
Check out their blog for their top ten and lists of other bloggers who participate.
June 27: Best Books You’ve Read In 2017 So Far (break it down however you want — by genre, strictly 2017 releases, whatever!)
To Goodreads I go! All of these I rated 5 stars.
1. White Hot; Ilona Andrews. Romance! Explosions! Cool powers!
2. A Man Called Ove; Frederik Backman. Touching story of an old man drawn unwillingly back into life.
3. Etched in Bone; Anne Bishop. The aftermath of a Other and human conflict, where the price of losing is decided.
4. Wolfskin; W.R. Gingell. A retelling of little red riding hood where Red is a lot more proactive, and it’s the wolf who needs saving.
5. Our Cats are More Famous than Us; Anath Hirsh, Yuko Ota. Cute biographical comic, with pet cats included.
6. Nevernight; Jay Kristoff. If you’re really determined, you can worship a deadly goddess and learn the arts of killing and vengeance–but few survive.
7. The Princess Saves Herself in this One; Amanda Lovelace. Spare, lovely verse about fighting your demons–and triumphing.
8. Strong Female Protagonist; Brennan Mulligan. Former superhero decides to fight a different sort of good fight.
9. Troubled Waters; Sharon Shinn. Neat system of deciding a child’s innate qualities, elemental magic, and political intrigue.
10. Strange the Dreamer; Laini Taylor. Librarian goes on an adventure to a city overshadowed by magic.