Top Ten Tuesdays are hosted by The Broke and The Bookish, and feature lists related to all things bookish–characters, authors, titles, and favorites. They’re an excellent way to find new interesting books on a variety of topics, and to find bloggers that love the books you do.
Check out their blog for their top ten and lists by other bloggers!
October 17: Top Ten Yummy Foods Mentioned In Books (Does a character eat something you’d love? Or maybe the book takes place in a bakery/restaurant that makes yummy things? You could also talk about 10 of your favorite cookbooks if you don’t read foody books.)
- Restaurant at the End of the Universe; Douglas Adams. Not sure how I’d feel about talking to my food, but it sounds like an excellent steak.
2. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory; Roald Dahl. So the factory is a little dangerous, but the candy sounds magical.
3. Killer Pancake; Diane Mott Davidson. Cozy mysteries about food are to die for. 😀
4. The Great Gatsby; F. Scott Fitzgerald. Go to the parties for the food.
5. Chocolat; Joanne Harris. I want to eat all these sweets.
6. Baking Cakes in Kigali; Gaile Parkin. Several delicious cakes in this one.
7. Harry Potter; J.K. Rowling. I want to try butterbeer, and chocolate frogs, and all those wizard foods except the every flavor beans.
8. Kitchens of the Great Midwest; J Ryan Stradal. This book is about a chef trying to give his love of food to his daughter.
9. Joy Luck Club; Amy Tan. The feasts at the Joy Luck Club all sound amazing.
10. Chicken Every Sunday; Rosemary Taylor. Nothing like a home cooked meal.