Top Ten Tuesdays are hosted by The Broke and The Bookish, and feature lists related to all things bookish–characters, authors, titles, and favorites. They’re an excellent way to find new interesting books on a variety of topics, and to find bloggers that love the books you do.
Check out their blog for their top ten and lists by other bloggers!
October 24: Top Ten Unique Book Titles.
1. S.; J.J. Abrahms. Naming a book after just a letter is tricky.
2. Life, the Universe, and Everything; Douglas Adams. All the Hithchiker’s Guide titles are weird, but this is a favorite.
3. Lulu Meets God and Doubts Him; Danielle Ganek. Spotted in a bookstore.
4. Gork, the Teenaged Dragon; Gabe Hudson. Teen dragon tries to find a queen.
5. The Princess Saves Herself in this One; Amanda Lovelace. Poetry about relationships–love, heartbreak, healing.
6. Island of the Sequined Love Nun; Christopher Moore. A pilot crashes on an island with a rather strange religion.
7. Strong Female Protagonist; Brennan Mulligan. She’s retired from fighting crime, but she’s still a hero.
8. Temporally Out of Order; Joshua Palmatier. If anyone else has used this pun about items unstuck in time, I haven’t seen it.
9. The Amazing Maurice and his Educated Rodents; Terry Pratchett. What if the Pied Piper was working with the rats?
10. This Book is Full of Spiders; David Wong. The tag line “Seriously, dude. Don’t touch it.” pretty much says it, I think.