Top Ten Tuesdays are hosted by The Broke and The Bookish, and feature lists related to all things bookish–characters, authors, titles, and favorites. They’re an excellent way to find new interesting books on a variety of topics, and to find bloggers that love the books you do.
Check out their blog for their top ten and lists by other bloggers!
November 7: Ten Characters Who Would Make Great Leaders (Leaders of what? That’s your decision. Who could lead a country, an army, a book club, a classroom, etc. Or maybe characters that would be trendsetters?)
Here’s Top Ten Characters Who Would Make Great Leaders in an Apocalypse.
1.Jess Brightwell. Magic, and a ruthless ability to lie to get things done. Not a restful leader, but an effective one.
2. Beka Cooper. She’s tough, determined, smart, and athletic. And used to dealing with criminals, which would possibly be a thing at the end of the world.
3. Hitomi. Another athletic one, loyal, and she has magic. All helpful leadership skills.
4. Jeff & Hotaru. For different reasons, but both characters keep it together during a zombie apocalypse. Not easy.
5. Liv. She has the rare ability to make two opposite sides work together… mostly.
6. Nimona. So, she’s a monster, but she’s also very goal-oriented.
7. Hercule Poirot. He’s comfortable with taking charge without being domineering, and would be good a getting a disparate group to work together.
8. Nilanjana Sikdar. A scientist who keeps her cool, gathers evidence, and figures out how to solve problems.
9. Susan Sto Helit. I’ve talked about her before, but she’s a favorite of mine. Death’s granddaughter knows how to seize control, and apply a wrench where useful.
10. Xian Li-lin. In some apocalypse scenarios, having the ability to deal with ghosts would be really useful.