Top Ten Tuesdays are hosted by The Broke and The Bookish, and feature lists related to all things bookish–characters, authors, titles, and favorites. They’re an excellent way to find new interesting books on a variety of topics, and to find bloggers that love the books you do.
Check out their blog for their top ten and lists by other bloggers!
November 21: Top Ten Books I’m Thankful For (Happy Thanksgiving week in the USA!)
- Clean Sweep; Ilona Andrews. Really, I’m thankful for all their books, but especially this one that they release for free on their blog before publishing the whole thing.
2. Pride & Prejudice; Jane Austen. I couldn’t even say how many times I’ve read this book. But it’s still funny and sweet.
3. Giant Days; John Allison. A slice of life with just enough weirdness to be perfect. It makes me smile.
4. The Fire Rose; Mercedes Lackey. The start of a series of Elemental magic, which entertained me through my of my childhood and teens.
5. Let’s Pretend This Never Happened; Jenny Lawson. A book that introduced me to a big, weird tribe of people.
6. The Ship Who Searched; Anne McCaffrey. This book still makes me tear up a bit.
7. Rosemary and Rue; Seanan McGuire. Really, any of these books. I’ve re-read them a bunch of times.
8. Soul Music; Terry Pratchett. It’s impossible to say which Discworld book has given me the most laughs, or made me think the most. But this one has Music with Rocks In.
9. Steel City Magic; Wen Spencer. I read these two books over and over through some rough teen years.
10. The Scorpio Races; Maggie Stiefvater. “It is the first day of November and so today someone will die.” This first line still gives me shivers.