Top Ten Tuesdays are hosted by The Broke and The Bookish, and feature lists related to all things bookish–characters, authors, titles, and favorites. They’re an excellent way to find new interesting books on a variety of topics, and to find bloggers that love the books you do.
Check out their blog for their top ten and lists by other bloggers!
December 5: Ten Bookish Settings I’d Love to Visit.
As long as I didn’t have to live there, a visit could be fun! List is alphabetical as always.
1. Alternate London; Ben Aaronovitch. Even if I didn’t meet a river, I’d know they were out there.
2. Abarat; Clive Barker. Islands that are always set at a certain time. You could have the longest lazy afternoon ever.
3. Beta Colony; Lois McMaster Bujold. So much technology!
4. Nightvale; Jeffrey Cranor & Joseph Fink. Probably something would kill me, but it would be an adventure!
5. Neverwhere; Neil Gaiman. Alternate Londons just sound fun.
6. Pern; Anne McCaffrey. If I could ride a dragon, my life would be complete.
7. Alternate Earth; C.E. Murphy. Only if I could meet a gargoyle.
8. Ankh-Morpork, Discworld; Terry Pratchett. Somehow, I’d sneak into the Unseen University Library.
9. Bicho Raro, Colorado; Maggie Stiefvater. Lovely and severe. And with saints!
10. Mars; Andy Weir. Once they’ve made it safer, of course.