Top Ten Tuesdays was created by The Broke and The Bookish (and is moving to That Artsy Reader Girl on January 16th) feature lists related to all things bookish–characters, authors, titles, and favorites. They’re an excellent way to find new interesting books on a variety of topics, and to find bloggers that love the books you do.
Check out their blog for their top ten and lists by other bloggers!
January 2: Top Ten New-To-Me Authors I Read In 2017.
In alphabetical order, as always.
- Ayobami Adebayo. I picked up a book with a tough subject (divorce, infertility, infidelity, death), but despite that I found it really engaging and tough to put down.
2. W. Kamau Bell. I’ve seen some of his work on tv, so I took the chance on his book, which is just as funny and insightful.
3. S.A. Chakraborty. Beautiful world building–can’t wait for the sequel!
4. Nicholas Eames. Highly recommended by a friend, who then gifted me a book. I’m definitely going to read the sequel.
5. Anne Fadiman. A well written collection about one of my favorite things–books. I would read more of her stuff.
6. Sarah Gailey. Picked up on a recommendation, and I plan to read the next book soon.
7. Insitar Khanani. I liked the first book so well, when I couldn’t get the second from the library, I bought it instead.
8. Siddhartha Murkherjee. Anyone who can balance informative and entertaining through that many pages is a good writer.
9. Penny Reid. I found the first of these cute romances as cheap ebooks, and have snapped up the rest on sale, too.
10. Glynn Stewart. Another recommendation where I could only find the first book at the library, but I have plans to buy the rest someday.