Top Ten Tuesdays (created by The Broke and The Bookish) can be found at That Artsy Reader Girl (since January 16th) feature lists related to all things bookish–characters, authors, titles, and favorites. They’re an excellent way to find new interesting books on a variety of topics, and to find bloggers that love the books you do.
Check out their blog for their top ten and lists by other bloggers!
March 6: Favorite Book Quotes
I’m choosing favorite quotes from recent reads, to change this prompt up. In alphabetical order.
- “Every time you take one path, you must live with the memory of the other: of a life left unchosen. Decide as seems best, one course or the other; each way will have its bitter with its sweet.” –Katherine Arden; The Girl in the Tower
2. “Possibilities are so much more thrilling than certainties.” –Alan Bradley; The Graves’s a Fine and Private Place
3. “Do not let what you think they think of you make you stop and question everything you are.” –Carrie Fisher; The Princess Diarist
4. “Impossible things do happen. But only if we make them.” –Robin LaFevers; Mortal Heart
5. “There is kindness in the world, if we know how to look for it. If we never start denying it the door.” –Seanan McGuire; Beneath the Sugar Sky
6. “One cannot be brave who has no fear.” –Marissa Meyer; Renegades
7. “Then she told herself to stop her nonsense. If you looked for things to make you feel hurt and wretched and unnecessary, you were certain to find them, more easily each time, so easily, soon, that you did not even realize you had gone out searching.” –Dorothy Parker; The Portable Dorothy Parker
8. “Sometimes it’s better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness.” –Terry Pratchett, Men at Arms
9. “Life doesn’t need magic to be magical.” –Laini Taylor; Night of Cake & Puppets
10. “Some people you want to get to know and some people you want to know you.” –Nicola Yoon; Meet Cute