Top Ten Tuesdays, hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl, feature lists related to all things bookish–characters, authors, titles, and favorites. They’re an excellent way to find new interesting books on a variety of topics, and to find bloggers that love the books you do.
Check out their blog for their top ten and lists by other bloggers!
April 3: Characters I liked That Were In Non-Favorite/Disliked Books.
This is a tough one, as I generally put down books I dislike. So these are less-than-favorite books. Alphabetical, as always.
- Don Quixote. Don Quixote; Miquel Cervantes. While he’s also a little tragic, I admire his pursuit of his dreams!
2. Loki. The Seafarer’s Kiss; Julia Ember. Loki is more than a bit of a jerk, but embodies ‘be careful what you wish for.’
3. Hester Prynne. The Scarlet Letter, Nathaniel Hawthorne. She’s a rebel, and I admire that.
4. Cressy Stavely. False Colours; Georgette Heyer. In a book full of silly people–who were also sometimes wasteful, stupid, or selfish, she was remarkably sane.
5. Scarlett March. Sisters Red; Jackson Pearce. While the story didn’t quite come together, Scarlett is a kick-butt fairy-tale hero.
6. Green. Foxlowe; Eleanor Wasserberger. She’s so deeply messed up, and not a nice person, but compelling nonetheless.